Featuring sublime depth, texture and contrast, our terrazzo designs and colour ways range from the traditional to the contemporary. Terrazzo is a composite material either precast, poured in place or pressed as tiles. Terrazzo tiles are created using fragments, flecks and flakes of materials like quartz, marble, glass, granite or other suitable material chips. These materials are poured with a binder that is chemical, cementitious or a mixture of both and then cured, ground and polished to a smooth surface to form a uniformly textured tile.
Key Features of Authentic Terrazzo:
• Terrazzo tiles are one of the most versatile, cost-effective and durable tiling options available in the industry.
• Terrazzo tiles are eco-friendly as there are no volatile organic compounds (VOC’s) in them as most of them are made from recycled stone chips and offcuts.
• Terrazzo tiles are extremely durable and able to withstand heavy foot traffic.
• Once sealed properly, terrazzo tiles are resistant to bacteria, stains and water damage.
• They require low maintenance as you can clean them with just warm water and soap.