All first quality tiles supplied by National Tiles are guaranteed against manufacturing defects and to remain an integral part of the flooring system for a period of ten years from the date of purchase for Domestic use and seven years for Commercial use.
The benefits conferred by this guarantee are in addition to, and not in substitution for, any other rights and remedies given to consumers in relation to goods under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (and similar State and Territory Laws) and are subject to the following terms and conditions.
- Warning: the tiles must be fixed in accordance with the relevant fixative manufacturer’s instructions and/or AS3958 (2007) “Guide to the Installation of Ceramic Tiles”. This guarantee does not cover any failure of the tiling system where the application of any of the substrate materials, fixatives or the fixing of the tiles is not carried out in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions and/or AS3958 (2007). Furthermore, this guarantee will not cover situations where it cannot be satisfactorily demonstrated that substrate materials and fixatives are fit for purpose.
- We advise customers to purchase 5%-15% additional quantity so as to allow for tiles which are damaged during or after installation. National Tiles Co Pty Ltd does not guarantee the availability of replacement tiles of the same colour or pattern after the time of purchase. Once the tiles have been laid, liability will not be accepted for colour matching or blending or for the replacement of tiles with obvious visual faults. Tiles with obvious defects should not be laid. National Tiles Co Pty Ltd will replace such tiles subject to availability. Facilities for the repair of broken tiles are not available. It should be noted that natural stone tiles are a natural product with colour variations. Veining and other specific markings are a common feature of natural flooring. Display floors and sample boards and tiles are an indication of colour and shade only and floors may vary somewhat from batch to batch.
- All ceramic and porcelain tiles can be slippery when wet. Liability will not be accepted for accidents due to inappropriate tile selection, maintenance or carelessness.
- Regular cleaning and maintenance must be strictly adhered to, otherwise this guarantee may be voided.
- If a purchaser makes a claim under this guarantee, National Tile may, in its sole discretion, offer to either replace or repair the goods, supply equivalent goods, or pay the cost of replacing the goods, having the goods repaired or obtaining equivalent goods.
National Tiles Premium Product Lifetime Guarantee Terms & Conditions
National Tiles Co Pty Ltd (National Tiles) offer a Lifetime Warranty on all it’s Premium Product Range tiles against manufacturing defects and to remain an integral part of the wall and/or flooring system under the following terms and conditions:
- This Lifetime Warranty covers product cracking, crazing, fading, warping, expansion and contraction.
- Applicable products only – Only National Tiles Premium Product Range is covered by this Lifetime Warranty, as identified on your Tax Invoice. All other first quality tiles come with a 10 year Warranty
- Domestic Use only – This Warranty only applies where the product is used for normal domestic purposes.
- Non-Transferrable – This Warranty once issued is nontransferrable. Therefore the Warranty will expire should the purchaser dispose of the property in which the tiles have been installed. To avoid doubt all subsequent purchasers acquire the product “as is”.
- Obvious Defects prior to installation – If tiles provided by National Tiles have an obvious defect, or the wrong tiles, or batch of tiles have been provided, which should have been noticed prior to the installation of the tiles, then National Tiles will be under no obligations under this Warranty.
- Suitable installation – To qualify for the Lifetime Warranty, all tiles must be installed using Grants adhesives or National Tiles approved SMP2010 / 2 Part Rapid for natural stone. Proof of purchase of Grants adhesives must be provided. Installation must be in full accordance with the manufacturers instructions and Australian Standard AS3958-1 ‘Guide to the Installation of Ceramic Tiles’. This includes requirements such as checking prior to installation that the tiles are fit for purpose, checking sufficient quantities of tiles of the same batch are supplied, ensuring that tiles from multiple boxes are mixed during the laying process to ensure blending, correct sealing of tiles is carried out as required, and so on.
- Natural products – This Warranty does not cover against variations in colour, shade, pattern or veining in natural stone as these are all characteristics of these product.
- Non-valid defects – This Lifetime Warranty does not cover damage caused by structural movement, normal wear and tear, damage or defects caused by incorrect installation, lack of proper maintenance, accidents, abuse or misuse. It is the purchaser’s responsibility to satisfactorily demonstrate that substrate materials and fixatives are fit for purpose. National Tiles reserves the right to determine if the fault is a non-valid defect.
- Spare Tiles – You are expected to have available the littlest of 10% of the entire tiled area, or 3 boxes of tiles for the purpose of rectification. This is to ensure that should individual tiles display a fault, they may be replaced without the need to replace the entire area.
- Application for Warranty – To qualify for this Warranty, you must return to National Tiles a completed application form within 6 months of the date of purchase (being the date of the relevant Tax Invoice), and within 30 days after the date of installation. Within 30 days of receipt of the application form, National Tiles will return a Guarantee Certificate which must be retained by the purchaser.
To make a claim under the Lifetime Warranty, the purchaser must:
- Provide satisfactory evidence of defects in the tiles purchased,
- Provide the original Guarantee Certificate,
- Provide proof of identity showing current address,
- All claims must be in writing and submitted within
- 14 days of discovery of any defects.
Valid Warranty claims shall be dealt with by National Tiles at its complete discretion by any of the following:
- Replacement of same or equivalent product,
- Repair or re-polish of existing product,
- Cash settlement,
- Combination of the above.
Limited to the defective product only.
Please note, where the Lifetime Warranty does not apply due to the above terms and conditions, National Tiles will continue to honour all relevant Statutory Warranty requirements.