1st Prize: Tom Samuels - NSW
2nd Prize: Sam Greiner – NSW
3rd Prize: Joel Grenfell – SA
Voter Prize Winner:
"Curves curves curves! Impeccible workmanship from epoxy glued mitred and honed natural stone to the ever challenging mosaics, and his instagram content is quality!"
1. Entry into the competition implies full acceptance of all conditions of entry.
2. Competition entry is open to residents of Australia. Employees and immediate family of the promoter, associated companies and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. If the competition constitutes a “game of chance” in accordance with any local state law, then residents of that state will be ineligible to enter.
3. Entry submissions are accepted via the Entry App. Entries are only accepted once all of the required information has been completed in full. The promoter may invalidate an entry if at any stage material sections of the entry are determined to be inaccurate. Submission of the entry constitutes acceptance of the Terms and Conditions listed. To be eligible for this competition, it is a requirement for the promoter to gain access to perform a photo shoot of the winning tiled room. Evidence that the winner was the tiler for this job will also be required.
4. Entry for the competition opens on November 21st, 2020 and closes on March 5th, 2020. The 10 Finalists will be announced on March 18th, 2020 when voting opens – voting closes April 30, 2020. The 10 finalists entries will be photographed in late July (date tbc). The winners will be announced at an event on 29 May, 2020, and will be publicly announced in the October edition of Grand Designs Australia magazine, plus listed on the National Tiles website (www.nationaltiles.com.au)
5. Prize(s) must be collected by winners at the event to be held at the National Tiles Richmond store (480 Church Street, Richmond, Vic) on June 25th, 2020. If any of the winners are from outside of Victoria, one return airfare and one night’s accommodation will be provided by National Tiles (airline/times/accommodation at the discretion of National Tiles). Prize(s) are not transferrable or redeemable for cash. If the prize is not claimed within this time, the competition is deemed invalid and the prize will be forfeited or redrawn.
6. Prizes are subject to availability, not transferrable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. Any change in value of the prize(s) is not the responsibility of the promoter.
7. A panel of expert judges will assess each of the 10 finalists. The judges’ decisions are final, and no correspondence will be entered into. This is a qualitative competition that is to be a “game of skill” and will be awarded based on decisions of our judging panel. The judging of the 10 Finalists will be based on the following criteria:
Quality of tiling installation
Tile selection in terms of functionality
Tile selection in terms of design
Tile design/layout innovation
Quality of grouting
8. The reader/customer who votes for the winning entry from the 10 Finalists as listed on the Voting App will be randomly selected. As this part of the competition constitutes a “game of chance”, in accordance with local state law, residents of NSW and ACT will be ineligible to go into the draw to win the prize for voting for the winner of the competition.
9. All entries become the property of the promoter. The entries may be entered into a database for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes, unless otherwise stated by the entrants. If you do not wish to be entered into this database, please indicate this in your competition answer. This will not exclude you from entry to the competition. Please see privacy note below for further information.
10. No responsibility is accepted for lost, misdirected or delayed mail.
11. If you do not wish to receive information about products from National Tiles or the named sponsors, or similar publications or services from Universal Magazines or carefully vetted third parties, please unsubscribe from the mailing list by following the prompts in the emails received.
12. Any competition run or promoted by National Tiles and Universal Magazines/Completehome.com.au; on the Facebook social media platform is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. By entering and participating, entrant agrees to hold harmless, defend and indemnify Facebook from and against any and all claims, demands, liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), losses, costs or expenses, with respect to or arising out of or related to (i) entrant’s participation in the competition, or (ii) entrant’s participation in any Prize related activities, acceptance of a Prize and/or use or misuse of a Prize (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s).
13. Prize Information
The National Tiles Tiler of the Year will win a Mazda BT-50 Boss courtesy of Mazda Australia
The 1st runner up will win a family trip for four (two adults & two children) to Milan, Italy including economy airfares and four nights accommodation courtesy of Mapei
The 2nd runner up will win a $5,000 Tiling Tool Package courtesy of Sigma Italia
One reader who nominates the winning entry will win a one hour one-on-one design consultation with one of Australia’s leading hard finish designers, Kate Walker of KWD