All tiles are guaranteed against manufacturing defects and to remain an integral part of the flooring system for a period of ten years or lifetime from the date of purchase for Domestic use and seven years for Commercial use.
The benefits conferred by this guarantee are in addition to, and not in substitution for, any other rights and remedies given to consumers in relation to goods under the Trade Practices Act (and similar State and Territory Laws) and are subject to the following terms and conditions.
- Warning: the tiles must be fixed in accordance with the relevant fixative manufacturer’s instructions and/or AS3958-1 “Guide to the Installation of Ceramic Tiles”. This guarantee does not cover any failure of the tiling system where the application of any of the substrate materials, fixatives or the fixing of the tiles is not carried out in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions and/or AS3958-1 “Guide to the Installation of Ceramic Tiles”. Furthermore, this guarantee will not cover situations where it cannot be satisfactorily demonstrated that substrate materials and fixatives are fit for purpose.
- We advise customers to purchase 5%-15% additional quantity so as to allow for tiles which are damaged during or after installation. National Tiles Co Pty Ltd does not guarantee the availability of replacement tiles of the same colour or pattern after the time of purchase. Once the tiles have been laid, liability will not be accepted for colour matching or blending or for the replacement of tiles with obvious visual faults. Tiles with obvious manufacturing defects should not be laid. National Tiles Co Pty Ltd will replace such tiles subject to availability. Facilities for the repair of broken tiles are not available. It should be noted that natural stone tiles are a natural product with colour variations. Veining and other specific markings are a common feature of natural flooring. Display floors and sample boards are an indication of colour and shade only and floors may vary somewhat from batch to batch.
- All ceramic and porcelain tiles can be slippery when wet. Liability will not be accepted for accidents due to inappropriate tile selection, maintenance or carelessness.
- Fully vitrified natural finished porcelain tiles do not require sealing when they have a determination of stain resistance of greater than 3 as tested by the CSIRO.
- Regular cleaning and maintenance must be strictly adhered to, otherwise this guarantee may be voided. 6. If a purchaser makes a claim under this guarantee, National Tile may, in its sole discretion, offer to either replace or repair the goods, supply equivalent goods, or pay the cost of replacing the goods, having the goods repaired or obtaining equivalent goods.