Mapei Ultracolour Plus is a high-performance, anti-efflorescence, quick-setting and drying polymermodified mortar with water-repellent DropEffect and mould-resistant BioBlock technology, which is used for grouting joints from 2 to 20 mm wide.
It is used for grouting interior and exterior floors and walls in all types of ceramic tiles (single-fired, double fired, klinker, porcelain tiles, etc.), terracotta, facebrick and stone material (natural stone, marble, granite, agglomerates, etc.).
It is a mortar (formulated such that it is not an irritant) made up of a blend of special hydraulic binders, graded aggregates, special polymers, water repellent admixtures, organic molecules and pigments. In Ultracolor Plus, two innovative technologies BioBlock and DropEffect are used that are based on a special, self-hydrating hydraulic binder, which guarantees perfect colour uniformity.
When Ultracolour Plus is mixed with water in the proportions recommended and correctly applied, it forms a grouting mortar with the following characteristics:
- • Water-repellent and droplet-effect
- • Uniform colour and free of staining since Ultracolor Plus does not produce efflorescence
- • Colours resistant to ultra-violet rays and atmospheric agents
- • Short waiting period before cleaning and easy finishing
- • Ready for light foot traffic and for use after a short period of time
- • Smooth, compact finished surface, with low water absorbency for easy cleaning
- • Shrinkage compensated, therefore free from cracks
- • Optimum resistance to abrasion, compression and flexural strength, even after freeze/thaw cycles, and therefore optimum durability
- • Good resistance to acids with pH > 3